Fall sports to proceed as planned in Ohio, high school athletic association says
July 31, 2020
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) — Fall sports will continue as planned in Ohio, according to the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA).
The OHSAA Board of Directors reaffirmed their position Friday, stating that fall sports seasons will go forward.
OHSAA outlined the following details for each category of fall sports:
Low/Non‐Contact Sports (Golf, Girls Tennis, Volleyball):
- Official practices may begin on Saturday, Aug. 1.
- School vs. school scrimmages and/or contests will follow per their normal OHSAA permissible dates and regulations.
- Golf – 1 scrimmage permitted any time during season; first contest Aug. 5.
- Girls Tennis – 1 scrimmage permitted after practice begins and prior to first match; first contest Aug. 7.
- Volleyball – 5 scrimmages and 1 preview permitted after practice begins; first contest Aug. 21.
- Official practices will begin on Saturday, Aug. 1, with the normal acclimatization period in place.
- No school vs. school scrimmages are permitted.
- School vs. school contests will follow per their normal OHSAA permissible dates and regulations with a target date of the week of Monday, Aug. 24 (Note: This date is subject to change and subject to the approval from the Governor’s Office/Ohio Department of Health and with the stipulation that COVID‐19 testing will not be required).
More on This Story HERE