In regards to our Q92 Contesting Guidelines:
Sweepstakes/Giveaways/Contests consist of prizes being offered to participants selected on a random basis and must reside in our listening area, whereas a contest involves entrant participation and may require participants to use specific skills to solve or complete a specified objective in order to qualify for an award or submit entry material which will be judged using specific criteria that will be stated when the contest is announced either on air, on our website or on a social media channel. For all purposes hereinafter the term “Contest” shall collectively refer to sweepstakes, giveaways and contests.
Eligibility and minimal age requirements vary depending on the nature of the contest. Subject to the specific contest rules; in general, all contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor; all contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes, and unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules. Winner must be in good standing with Q92’s Official Contest Rules which can be found on our website.
Q92 Staff has final say in contest policy, winners selected and prize distribution.
Q92 WDJQ General Contest Rules
- The following are basic contest rules applying to any and all contests run on Q92 on-air, on our website or on our social media pages. Each contest may have its own special qualifications and eligibility rules which will be stated upon the contest’s annoucement.
- All Q92 WDJQ RADIO contests are open to all age listeners unless stated otherwise. Contest winners must also reside in the Canton Metropolitan area. Employees of Q92 WDJQ RADIO, its licensee, affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio station employees in the Canton Metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- One winner per household and/or phone number are eligible to win a Q92 WDJQ RADIO contest every 30 days (per calendar month). Unless stated otherwise, multiple entries by the same person or by a person in the same household, or family, will be discarded and be deemed by the station management as a cause for disqualification. Anyone misrepresenting their identity, or giving false information when asked about their background, in order to become eligible for a contest will be automatically disqualified. A limit of three (3) “Regular Prizes” may be won per household. Once a household has won their third “Regular Prize” prize, Q92 asks that they wait until the beginning of the next calendar year to win again. Anyone winning a “Grand Prize,” or any prize with a value of $600 or greater, is not eligible to win another prize of any value for a period of exactly thirteen (13) months.
- A winner is not allowed to win tickets to the same prize/concert/event more than once within a year. For example: If you win beat the box office tickets to a concert/event. You can NOT win tickets to that same show if/when we give tickets away again at a later date.
- Sometimes, prizes and prize certificates are required to be picked up at the office of Q92 WDJQ RADIO at 393 Smyth Ave NE, Alliance, Ohio 44601. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 30 days of winning. The 30 day period includes weekends and holidays. Q92 WDJQ RADIO business hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Q92 WDJQ RADIO will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the winners responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit and to call and inquire about how to collect their prize, if they are unsure. Additionally, some prizes have specific expiration dates or are date sensitive (ie. Concert tickets), which may occur within the 10 days following the winning date. It is the responsibility of the winner to pick up their prize by the event or expiration date. Prizes must be claimed by the winner only.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age they will need to bring a legal guardian with them to pick up their prize and may be required to fill out necessary paperwork. Prizes are non-transferable.
- Q92 WDJQ RADIO is not responsible for replacing any prizes after they have been picked up, whether the prize was lost, organization providing the prize has closed, or for any other reason.
- In the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction or phone disconnection, the decision of management will be final. In the event that two (2) telephone lines are “tied together” during a phone-in contest, the entire call will be disqualified and the next caller in line will be taken and awarded the prize. Q92 WDJQ RADIO cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation and both callers will be disqualified, this circumstance is beyond the radio stations control.
- Q92 WDJQ RADIO listeners, who win prizes on the radio stations, may not substitute prizes with another prize or cash. However, in the event of an unavailable prize won by the listener, Q92 WDJQ RADIO may substitute the original prize with another prize for the approximate value (in dollars) of the original prize awarded.
- In regards to special advanced movie screening giveaways, Q92 WDJQ RADIO strongly recommend you arrive early. At the theatre, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes do not guarantee seating. No one will be admitted without a ticket and no one will be admitted after the screening begins. Representative has the right to refuse admittance.
- Listeners may also register to win prizes on the Q92 WDJQ RADIO website. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. Q92 WDJQ RADIO are not responsible for entries not received due to the difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely.
- To enter on-line, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and valid email address and any other requested information in the on-line entry form. One internet entry per person. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Regarding social media contests. Entrants are NEVER required to participate and entries are solely up to the listener. You are never required to do more than actually LIKE the post itself in order to be entered in to win a social media contest. We may ask that you share the post or comment but doing so is solely at your own discretion and does not increase your chances of winning. All social media winners are chosen completely at random unless it is a contest in which it is stated that the entries will be judged (such as in the case of photo contests).
- Q92 WDJQ RADIO, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person of misrepresentation, tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Q92 WDJQ RADIO website, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
- For contests that require qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
- Contest winners (and their traveling companions, if any) will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or which prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by Q92 WDJQ RADIO. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold Q92 WDJQ RADIO, it corporate licensee, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or content.
- All contestant entries become property of Q92 WDJQ RADIO. Q92 WDJQ RADIO may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the stations management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to the publicity or advertising.
- Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required, may be entered at the Q92 WDJQ RADIO studios prior to the event or through a station representative at the event, without any paid consideration to enter the event. Q92 WDJQ RADIO must be notified by telephone or in writing no less than 24 hours prior to such contest/event to facilitate staffing for such purposes.
- Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years of age or older, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet the age requirement.
- Unless otherwise stated, there is no age limit to win prizes from Q92 WDJQ RADIO.
- Contestants winning a prize or prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable.
- By participating in a contest, Q92 WDJQ RADIO, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting materials relating to this contest, without additional compensation. Additionally, winner agrees to sign a prize release form before the acceptance of their prize.
- Q92 WDJQ RADIO reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement by Q92 WDJQ RADIO.
- No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
- All winners must provide valid contact information, such as name, address, and a telephone number, where they can be reached, or receive messages. Providing invalid contact information, or giving false information about yourself, will result in disqualification.
- Failure to comply with the Q92 WDJQ RADIO contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification.
- In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, Q92 WDJQ RADIO will make every attempt to contact the grand prize winner, randomly selected, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by management) another grand prize winner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded.
- In the event that the winner of a Q92 WDJQ RADIO cannot take a trip on the specific dates that have been announced (ie. Concert trip flyaway) to them and on-air, they will forfeit their prize. A substitute trip will not be provided.
- Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding D.A. Peterson, Inc. holidays at the Q92 WDJQ RADIO studios. Studios are located at 393 Smyth Ave NE, Alliance, Ohio 44601.